So I saw "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" on Friday and here are my thoughts (spoiler-free, cause I hate spoilers):
It was... definitely an AWESOME movie, and I would recommend it to people who love comic books or just like having a good time at the movies.
1. The movie is getting so much hate it is not even funny anymore. I've seen reviews for the movie ranging from "It had no plot! It's all pointless fighting!" to "I had too much complex plot and not enough fighting" to, and this one is the worst, "I don't want to think during my superhero movies". Seriously???
I think it is just people think it is "COOL" to hate on the movie, and yeah, that's fine. Yes, there are plot holes, but there are plots holes in EVERY MOVIE! I've seen some reviewers call it the worst superhero movie ever, and you know they are full of crap. I'm not saying it is impossible to dislike the movie, but anyone who says, "OH IT SUCKED WURST MOVIE EVER LOL" is... a troll. Yeah. Don't believe them.
2. As for the cast, Ben Affleck was fantastic as Batman, and 90% of the world owes him an apology. He was brutal, dark, complex, and everything Batman/Bruce Wayne should be. He's great. Jeremy Irons is fantastic and funny as Alfred, and emotional at times. Henry Cavill continues to progress the character of Superman. I always loved his portrayal of the character and I like him in this film as well. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman-- she is really really great. She was awesome. I am totally seeing the Wonder Woman film. Jesse Eisenberg was good as Lex Luthor. He does not play the character as the typical Lex, which was good and bad. He was a too-- crazy for me and I like Lex a little more confident, cool, and calculating. But he was good. And Amy Adams was good as Lois. Overall, cast was very good.
3. For the story, the title is a bit deceiving. It really isn't so much "Batman v Superman" as much as "Batman and Superman, they just happen to fight". The beginning of the film is a bit slow as it builds towards the conflict between Superman and Batman, but that is important, because you need a reason for them to fight, and they give us that. Not to spoil too much, but you see Batman is in a dark place because of his past and the events that occurred in Metropolis have given him a negative picture of Superman. Thus, with a little manipulation by a certain villain and nightmares, he wants to take out Superman. Superman's reasons for conflict I cannot divulge as much because it is too much spoilery, but it makes sense in the story.
4. The plot does seem to stuff a lot in sometimes, but overall, it is well done. The dialogue is fantastic, and the Justice League cameos are well done, as they are not really forced into the film at all. And Wonder Woman is not forced either, she fits naturally into the film.
5. The action scenes: Thank you Zack Snyder. You are a master!!! They are phenomenal. Really. Even if the movie sucked, it would be worth the price of admission. The fight with the Trinity against Doomsday is excellent and the Batman/Superman fight is wonderful as well. Wonder Woman really stole the show in the final 20 minutes though. But Batman was super cool as well.
I would give the film 8.5/10 stars. Was it the best superhero film ever? No. Was it great? YES! YES! IT WAS GREAT! It was grim, but it needed to be to set up "Justice League", which I can't wait to see. I definitely recommend it to everyone. My favorite superhero list would probably look like:
1. Batman Begins 2: The Dark Knight Rises (LOVE Bane) 3a: The Dark Knight 3b: Man of Steel 4: Batman v Superman 5: Captain America: Winter Soldier 6: The Avengers
I really don't understand how one could "hate" the movie. I could see where some would like it, but I have talked to so many people and no-one hated it, and only one person disliked it. The other 10 loved it. So yeah... I think the hate is more of the "vocal minority". Don't listen to them. The film is awesome and you should go see it!!!!